FURTHER INDUSTRIAL ACTION COMMENCING FRIDAY 15 MARCH 0600
Members are advised that unions have notified ESTA management representatives that Industrial Action will commence from 6am on Friday 15 March.
The bans notified to ESTA along with clarifications (as provided to ESTA) are below:
- An indefinite ban on processing all Non-Emergency Patient Transport requests unless lodged via telephone
- Employees will not process requests for Non-Emergency Patient Transport. For a request to be processed it will have to be made by telephone.
- ESTA asked for clarity if the action proposed only included faxes. It does not, it includes anything other than telephone.
- An indefinite ban by employees using the attempt to dispatch and/or no nearby units function.
- To be clear, employees will not utilise the attempt to dispatch and/or no nearby units function.
- ESTA did not seek further clarification on this action.
We notify that the actions described in points 1 and 2 above will be indefinite and commence on Friday 15 March 2019 at 0600.
Unions are continuing negotiations for a new agreement to cover ESTA employees this week, with a further conference to taken place before FWC tomorrow and a further meeting facilitated through Emergency Management Victoria on Friday.
Unions will consider further escalation of industrial action depending on the outcome of further bargaining.
CWU ref: SLD 19/25 – 14/03/2019