TELSTRA PROTECTED ACTION NOTICE
Dear Telstra Members,
NOW IS THE TIME FOR CEPU MEMBERS TO COMMENCE THE HEAVY LIFTING ON THIS EBA, ON BEHALF OF ALL TELSTRA STAFF. Now is the time to make it clear to Telstra they must listen to members’ demands for an EBA that protects your hard-won conditions with a pay rise that helps your family meet the ever-rising cost of living.
The CEPU/CWU has notified and authorised upcoming protected industrial action in all States and Territories:
1. BAN ON DUTIES REQUIRED TO BE UNDERTAKEN BY EMPLOYEES DURING UNPAID TIME
Members are directed NOT to engage in any duties normally required to be undertaken during unpaid time. This includes:
– Do not provide the 30 minutes log-on and log-off travel arrangements in the morning and afternoon.
– Do not commence logon or receive / accept your first job prior to your paid starting time
– Do not perform any preliminary testing prior to your paid starting time
– Do not contact customers prior to your paid starting time
– Do not collect any stores / equipment prior to your paid starting time
– Do not clean or travel to or admit your vehicle for servicing during unpaid time.
Note: this action only applies to members who drive a Telstra vehicle
2. BAN ON PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIAL CUSTOMER SERVICING WORK
Members are directed NOT to accept recalls under “essential customer servicing” “ie the three levels of restriction”. This means, if you are listed on a recall roster or “on call”, or “emergent call” or “immediate call” you are directed NOT to attend to any duties associated with these arrangements:
– Do not attend to recall
– Do not respond to recall requests
– Do not attend remotely to any duties (including telephone advice, or accessing Telstra’s systems or emails from home)
Note: this action does not apply where there is a threat to life or the safety of customers “ie. commonly know as life and limb exemptions”. Contact the Branch Office if there is a management request to do so.
3. BAN ON PERFORMANCE OF EMERGENCY WORK
Members are directed NOT to accept recalls under “emergency work” provisions. This means, if you receive a recall for emergency work, (that is – you were not on an essential customer servicing arrangement and you were not notified prior to ceasing work), you are directed NOT to attend to that work – including any remote activities such as telephone advice.
Note: this action does not apply where there is a threat to life or the safety or health of customers “ie. commonly know as life and limb exemptions”. Contact the Branch Office if there is a management request to do so.
Members located in all areas of Victoria are directed to engage in the notified protected action from 12:01am Thursday 7 March. This protected action is indefinite and members are directed to continue to engage in the action until further notice from the CEPU/CWU.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE READ
|TO TAKE PART IN PROTECTED INDUSTRIAL ACTION, YOU MUST BE:|
|1. Currently employed by Telstra and within the scope of the proposed Enterprise Agreement; and
2. A current member of the CEPU/CWU – if you are not a member, you can join prior to commencing protected action by contacting: Vic T&S Branch 9663 6815 or Vic P&T Branch 9387 0189
|TO ENSURE THAT THE ACTION YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN IS LEGAL AND PROTECTED:|
|Ensure you are following only the action which the Union has authorised. If you require further clarification on any of the abovementioned notified actions, please contact the Branch Officers immediately 9663 6815 or 9387 0189|
|YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PRIOR NOTICE TO TELSTRA OR ANY MANAGEMENT REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR INTENTIONS TO ENGAGE IN PROTECTED INDUSTRIAL ACTION:|
|You are not required to provide any notice of your intentions to engage in the abovementioned protected action. Appropriate notification as required under legislation has been provided to Telstra by the Union|
|IGNORE ANY INDUSTRIAL ACTION NOTICES FROM MANAGEMENT:|
|Members are advised to ignore any notice NOT authorised by the CEPU. The CEPU will inform members directly through circulars, emails or, text messages and local workplace delegates/activists of what action they are required to participate in. IGNORE any directions or notices to participate, or not, in industrial action from any other sources including management.|
|Members are to contact the Branch immediately if any management representative threatens your employment in any way for taking part in Protected Industrial Action authorised by your Union.|